Minutes ISC meeting 2015-03-26

Revision as of 14:35, 8 April 2015 by Falko Glöckler (Talk | contribs) (Created page with "== Election of a secretary for the meeting == * Falko == Approval of the agenda == * approved without changes == Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting == * minutes n...")

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Election of a secretary for the meeting

  • Falko

Approval of the agenda

  • approved without changes

Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting

  • minutes not uploaded yet, will be given later
  • main items last meeting were:
    • discussions about Specify 7 (now released)
    • one DINA member wants to use Specify 7
    • we will stick to the Specify datamodel until we will have a collection manager module

DINA-TC (Technical Committee) issues

  1. DINA software licensing
    • GPL for repositories
    • agreed on using open licences
    • TC will work out potential licenses and try to reach convergence
    • issue on licenses could be discussed in a special call of ISC + TC members
    • ISC needs a 1-page proposal on licensing from TC
  2. DINA logo
    • new logo is set and approved
    • license for font style and vector format is still missing, but the creator will be asked
    • DINALogo.png
  3. DINA data components: technical Web API requirements
    • close to being adopted
    • poll for approval will be arranged
    • ISC will endorse the API 1.0 once it is ready
  4. DINA module map with Web service blueprints
    • high-level overview of the modules on GitHub
    • module map is needed for assigning tasks
  5. DINA collection manager user interface
  6. DINA replacement for Specify Workbench
    • GitHub presence of the online Workbench (DDT)
    • physical meeting between the teams of Stockholm and Denmark
    • CSV based archive format upload (workflows using non-SQL tools like OpenRefine)
  7. DINA media server: requirements revision, review and quality control
    • integration project with Vagrant
  8. DINA taxonomy module: requirements revision, review and quality control
    • Integration project with Vagrant
  9. DINA user management module: single sign-on, authentication, permissions, roles etc across DINA modules
    • maybe TC should set up requirements for the user module to formally assign this important task
    • commission to specify requirements for the user module
  10. Any other business from DINA-TC
    • none

Brief reports from members of the consortium

  • Berlin
    • one developer left
    • things went slowly through limited resources
    • submitted a national project proposal for re-organizing portal on geo-scientific collection data (www.geocase.eu); Could be a nice addition for a geo-module in the DINA system
  • Copenhagen
    • Specify customization
    • Rolling out Specify in Denmark will be done in 6 months
  • Edinburgh
    • absent
  • Ottawa
    • absent
  • Stockholm
    • New project could be the embryo of the collection manager
    • Alpha deliverable for EUBON project makes good progress
    • New layout with responsive design of the Naturalist / Naturforskaren, then the media server will be implemented in productive version
    • Karin will send the link to Naturforskaren (test platform)
  • Tartu
    • absent

Any other business

  • DINA Poster + Flyer for TDWG in Kenia
  • Anders Telenius will go there and send a poster
  • Karin will take the lead for developing the poster and flyer

Next meeting

  • 8th June 2015

Content is available under Attribution-Share Alike Non-commercial 2.5 or later, Unported unless otherwise noted.