- Christopher Lewis, Chief Bioinformatician in Biodiversity at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- James Macklin, Research Scientist, Botany and Biodiversity Informatics at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada *Elspeth Halston, Deputy Herbarium Curator at Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
- Robert Cubey, Plant record officer at Royal Botanic Garden Edingburgh
- Mario …, Programmer at Royal Botanic Garden Edinburg, will be helping out with the migration into Specify/DINA. *Nikolaj Scharff, Head of collections and databases at the Natural History Museum of Denmark.
- David Konrad, Programmer hired to implement the Media/Morphbank part in the DINA-system.
- Falko Gloeckler, in charge of databases and all informatics issues in our MfN’s digitization efforts
- Ingimar Erlingsson, Programmer Media server/The Naturalist, Stockholm
- Kevin Holston, Domain Specialist DINA/Specify, Stockholm
- Karin Karlsson, Group leader Bioinformatics team, Stockholm
- Stefan Daume, Hosted and chaired this SETF call and will be coordinating the distributed development in the DINA-project, Stockholm
Wiki setup and content – distribution of tasks among partners
- Falko is currently creating accounts for everybody in the Biowikifarm.
- Falko; option in Biowikifarm, do we want to use shared media and files or not? Need to set that up from the beginning. Stefan; implications? Falko; the whole idea of the Biowikifarm, we can share the uploaded files to every wiki.
- We decided on the sharing media/file option.
- Elspeth; we could have a private place in the wiki, links to files posted elsewhere.
- Stefan; please create one page for every partner for your contribution to the DINA-system.
Workshop 15-18th of September in Stockholm
- 15th of September SETF face-to-face meeting
- 16-18thof September – EU-BON workshop: “Alpha version of mobilization system“
- Target group: Programmers, developers and system engineers, but open to anybody who might be interested to contribute or learn more about the DINA-system.
- Suggestions for content to the workshop:
- Presentations from all DINA-partners
- Case studies
- Delivery options: creating installations from hosted environment, virtual machines down to code.
- Tracking system?
- Workshop expectations from the group:
- Elspeth: would like to see installation techniques on the agenda. Suggestion; please record it and make it available on Youtube or similar.
- James: high technology path and roadmap for developers. James would like to have the opportunity to participate online.
- Stefan; APIs, service oriented architecture, guidelines and principles on how to build a module and join the DINA-system would definitely be on the agenda.
- James: suggests that we should focus on use cases requirements over the summer, especially needed now with the new UI replacing Specify 7. Who is building this interface?
- Falko: second that! Also would like to see something about how we do the testing of the modules and how to install a module. Falko is willing to test everything from user interfaces to APIs.
- Stefan; we should also define how we are collaborating within the project, use cases, finding bugs and also how we can make it easy for others to use our system.
- Stefan raised the question about license. It’s for the steering group to decide but we should give some advice on that.
- Expected participants from the SETF group:
- Nikolaj:David or/and Christian
- Falko and possibly a colleague
- James; strict travel budget but have applied for three of them to go to Stockholm. Chris, Allan and possibly one more.
Tentative schedule for future SETF calls
- 2nd of July at 3 pm CET
- 23rd of July at 3 pm CET
- 27th of August at 3 pm CET
- 3rd of September at 3 pm CET
- 10th of September at 3 pm CET
This page was last modified on 17 June 2014, at 12:37. Content is available under Attribution-Share Alike Non-commercial 2.5 or later, Unported unless otherwise noted.