|TC conference call - 8th of November 2016|
|Title||TC call - 8th of November 2016|
|Location||Adobe Connect virtual meeting room|
|Date Start||2016-11-08 14:00 UTC|
|Date End||2016-11-08 15:00 UTC|
Agend from last (CANCELLED) meeting (25.10.2016)
- Progress reports from teams and news @ GitHub
- Remake of API guidelines w/ Blueprint markdown (GN)
- Redmine + Backlogs with Roadmap/backlog (FG)
- Topics for f2f-meeting in Edinburgh (MS)
- Any Other Business
- GitHub news: from SWE report that https://github.com/DINA-Web/inselect-docker does provide a web-based proof of concept for running Inselect in the browser! Could this become a future component of DINA-Web? Lawrence Hudson may be interested in joining us at the Edinburgh meeting.
- Discussing preparations for the Edinburgh meeting (http://dina-project.net/w/index.php?title=Physical_TC_Meeting_November_2016)
- Is Estonia coming?
- Has enough planning been made or should we "wing it" with the rest?
- Would there be interest to hold an extra call next week to prepare discussion items?
- Did GN/CAN update the Guidelines yet?
- Did Falko launch the roadmap.dina-project.net yet? Does email work for him through mail.dina-web.net?
- Update from latest ISC meeting (?)
- Any Other Business
Meeting notes From 8th of November 2016
- James Macklin (JM)
- Glenn Newton (GN)
- Satpal Bilkhu (SB)
- Thomas Stjernegaard TS)
- Elspeth Haston (EH)
- Stefan Daume (SD)
- Ida Li (IL)
- Ingimar Erlingsson (IE)
- Markus Englund (ME)
Agenda: - progress reports from teams and news
1) Report from Ottawa: James & Glenn & Satpal
- James reports on progress on the seqDB
- Satpal reports on ongoing work on seqDB (based on the Stockholm-requirements) and the phases, order of fulfilling the needs.
- Glenn says that he is going to push his work on the Dina Guidelines, see Action-Points
2) Report from Stefan.
- Stefan tells about the visit from GBIF:s Markus Döring, discussion about the GBIF checklists
- Stefan tells about the visit from NHM (Lawrence&Lawrence), Inselect workshop here at NRM.
- Tells about the work Markus skyttner did with Lawrence&Lawrence , Dockerized inselect ( https://github.com/DINA-Web/inselect-docker )
3) Report from Thomas.
- Thomas tells about the ongoing work , implementing Specify 7 in DK.
- Thomas tells about how they are using GBIF-checklists.
4) Report from Elspeth.
- Discussion about the organization of F2F in Edinburgh.
- suggestions on splitting up in workgroups.
- ex. suggestion from Stefan : 2 groups on Classifications, one group more technical ( method on how-to-work : ability to work incremental )
Discussion about Taxonomy :
- Thomas tells shortly about how they have been using GBIF checklists.
- Glenn has a proposal on how to use GBIF:s checklist
- Some proposal before Edinburgh ?
- That Glenn and Ingimar&Markus Skyttner will have a meeting about the Guidelines before Edinburgh
- That Glenn looks into his suggestion on how to use GBIF:s Checklists ( sharing 'use-cases')
- Stefan-or-Englund call for a meeting on the 'Datamodel' before Edinburgh
- Suggestion on a Meeting around the datamodel involving the 'datamodel'-team from NRM + Paul and/or James
disclaimer These notes where scribbled down during the meeting and I was asked to share them, Ingimar